On Wed, 17 Jul 2024 19:26:22 +0200 Simon Tournier wrote: > Hi Denis, Hi, > Well, I do not see any reply to this message. So even very late. :-) Thanks a lot. > > But for redistributing complete images built with guix system image, > > like a VM image for instance, I'm unsure how to do it and I was > > wondering if there is a standard way to do that. > > Well, I am not sure to get if you speak about the source or about the > binary of this image? The use case is that if I distribute a bootable system image made with Guix (like a VM image for instance), I'd like an easy way of complying with all the free software licenses to avoid any legal risks. Since the image contains many binaries I guess an easy way to comply with licenses like the GPLv2 could be to provide like a tarball with inside all the source code corresponding to the binaries inside the VM image. If there is also extra source code (compilers, etc) it's probably not a big issue. As I understand it's easier for distributions like Guix or even more classical distributions to comply because they typically provide source code, packages and images from the same servers. But as a user I'd like to avoid building everything myself, and I'd like to redistribute some images I make without any legal risks. > From your configuration file, you could extract the manifest file > which includes all the packages and based on that you could apply some > “sources=transitive” options. Thanks. I think this could be a good option. Denis.