Hi, I'm still using i686 to be able to know when it's broken and if time permits, to send patches to fix some of the issues affecting me. Since patches often take a long time to be reviewed (we probably need more reviewers), I was wondering if it was possible to reconfigure from a local Guix git checkout. Running a system straight from a git repository would also enable me to improve my workflow and test better the patches. The issue I have here is that I can easily do that: > $ guix shell -D guix > $ ./pre-inst-env guix system build system.scm But I didn't find a way to make sudo and pre-inst-env work together. I've tried things like that: > $ sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure system.scm And it reconfigured my system but I then have a broken guix installation: > $ guix shell -D guix > ;;; Failed to autoload symlink-spec-option-parser in (guix scripts > pack): ;;; Throw to key `record-abi-mismatch-error' with args > `(abi-check "~a: record ABI mismatch; recompilation needed" > (#>) ())'. What is the correct way (if any) to do something like that? PS: There is also normally a way to recover from that since I was helped on IRC to recover and at some point it worked. So I'll try various things like 'rm -rf ~/.cache/guile/ccache/ && guix pull' until I find how to recover. Denis.