On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 18:10:54 +0000 Christopher Baines wrote: > I haven't looked at this in detail, but one comment on the QA > failures. Building the package for this large file involves copying it > from the store, to another place in the store. This requires 2x the > space which this large file takes up, which is a pretty wasteful > approach. Not only that but it also take a very long time to do that copy on slower machines with an encrypted rootfs. > This is the reason behind the build failures I've seen, the build > machines run out of space when attempting the file copy. Maybe an > alternative if you want to have a package would be to symlink to the > source. That way, there's only a large file and a symlink in the > store, rather than two copies of the same large file. I'll try that. I hope that guix gc will not garbage collect the source though. Do you know if it's possible just to have a source package somehow (and download the source to a specific filename) and not copy anything at all? Denis.