Hello Attila, > coming from common lisp (and SBCL in particular), i think the lowest > hanging fruit in the guile debugging experience is making sure that > backtraces are not cut short when printed. Not 'by default' though, I would personally vote against such a change [1]. Did you try, after the exception is raised: ,bt #:full? #t :#width 1000 (or higher if needed) That always worked for me. David [1] Fwiw, I am actually trying to get our maintainers to accept to set the very same 'truncate' defaults for both repl printiers [2] and raised exception printers [3]. [2] repl printers can be easily configured by users though, even for none experimented users, so ok but I would still prefer the default to truncate the output. Here is how though, for those interested https://www.gnu.org/software/guile-cv/manual/html_node/Configuring-Guile_0027s-repl_002dprint-procedure.html [3] raised exception printer are next to impossible to configure for none experimented users, and even 'advanced' or 'very advanced' guilers do not know how to do this, and when advised with the proper solution, there are just 'scared' to implement it (which I understand, as the solution requires to patch (ice-9 boot-9). This is explained here, again, fwiw: https://www.gnu.org/software/guile-cv/manual/html_node/Configuring-Guile_0027s-raised-exception-system.html But there is a patch, if you prefer https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git?h=wip-exception-truncate https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?h=wip-exception-truncate&id=1a919d98514f1184b91085a19b55a4c719300149 [ for guile-3.0 ofc, and you'd need to install from the source [ in the first place, then cherry pick the patch ...