So, I've had a further look at the sources for the failing packages and figured that some variables were missing in the make-flags. Attached is the fixed version of your file that builds coq-mathcomp-analysis. Note that the build of mathcomp-analysis is very quiet and takes a long time, but it works eventually. Le Sun, 13 Nov 2022 10:17:07 +0100, Julien Lepiller a écrit : > Hi! > > I tried building your file (it's technically not a manifest) and > indeed it's failing in the chack-findlib-path. > > Why do you want to run it? There's no way it could work at this > point, right after the check phase, since the package is not even > installed yet. Also, the OCAMLPATH that would allow findlib to find > it is not set to the outputs, only to the inputs. > > Le 13 novembre 2022 00:48:50 GMT+01:00, Garek Dyszel > a écrit : > >Hi, > > > >CC: ocaml team > > > >I am including a manifest file instead of sending patches for now. It > >seems like a good idea to stick with that until these packages are > >ready to be put into the Guix source tree. I'm refactoring them too > >often. > > > >After opening an issue on Github [1] [2], it seems that coq-elpi is > >the package that is not building properly. It is clear that > >ocamlfind (from ocaml-findlib) can't find coq-elpi after coq-elpi's > >install phase. [1]: > >https://github.com/math-comp/hierarchy-builder/issues/320 [2]: > >https://github.com/LPCIC/coq-elpi/issues/384 > > > >It looks like the META file is not being installed by coq-elpi > >either. I'm not sure whether that's relevant, since ocamlfind > >couldn't find coq-elpi even when META was present (in a much older > >revision of this manifest; I can dig for it but just today don't > >have time). > > > >The problem seems to be something in the build process itself; if the > >extra phase 'check-findlib-path' is omitted then coq-elpi's build is > >reported as a success. > > > >The later package coq-mathcomp-hierarchy-builder runs ocamlfind to > >find coq-elpi, too. > > > >What would be a way to ensure that coq-elpi is found by ocamlfind? > > > >Thanks! > >Garek > > > >(Manifest attached with an ocaml-elpi patch. You will need to change > >the path for the ocaml-elpi (patches) field to match your directory > >structure, but otherwise this manifest should work.) > >