On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 00:50:04 +0100 Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote: > Hi, > > On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 18:29:22 +0100 > Ludovic Courtès wrote: > > > When consensus cannot be met, maintainers have the last say. > > > > But again, my understanding is that there’s no new decision to be > > made here. > If I understood correctly Florian, the argument here is that it is > safe to redistribute source code under a GPL incompatible license > that links to GPL code because it's in source form? After having thought about it, I think I think I found a rationale that could make sense. Maybe it's because if the code is in source form, both code are not combined in the same binary. If that's the case then it would also be legal to redistribute binaries too as long as they are dynamically linked as the linking happens at runtime. And that should also not be limited to Linux. We could then through dlopen or any similar method reuse code from one binary in the other because the linking is dynamic as long as both binaries are not linked together statically? Or am I on the wrong track here? Denis.