Le Wed, 17 Mar 2021 13:41:02 +0100, Julien Lepiller a écrit : > Hi Guix! > > this patch (going to core-updates) removes files from the output of > python2 and python3, in an attempt to save some space. First, I > noticed that python3 shipped windows binaries in its source > distribution and installs them to the output, in > lib/python3.8/distutils/command/*.exe, > lib/python3.8/site-packages/*.exe and > lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/distlib/*.exe. I remove them > from the snippet, so they should not be installed anymore. > > I also noticed that python installs files that were built during the > test phase, so I remove them, but we need to check they are not > actually needed. Other distros ship them in a separate package, so > maybe we could have a separate test output if this is causing issues? > > I haven't yet tested the patch, because it needs to rebuild part of > the bootstrap chain. I'll report progress and update my patch > depending on the results! I discovered other .exe in python3, so this updated patch deletes them. Since I modify the python from commencement.scm by changing a phase in python-2.7, I decided to also change the definition there to remove the offending files. I managed to build up to python-3.9 without any issue, but haven't tested building more than a handful of python packages.