Hi Ludo, On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 16:47:14 +0200 Ludovic Courtès wrote: > No: that just means that ‘virtualized-operating-system’ adds a root file > system transparently, which is why we can afford not providing one in > OSes that are only meant to be used through ‘guix system vm’. > > But ‘shepherd-graph’ doesn’t know about that: it takes your OS as is and > show you the info. That makes sense. So that means a user/developer can't use shepherd-graph on VMs :P That's a very bad user interface. Especially since if you are using shepherd-graph chances are you already are diagnosing a problem and don't want to have to diagnose more problems first in order to solve that one. Personally I'd make it emit a warning and add a rootfs if it's harmless in order to have this usecase (using shepherd-graph on VMs) be supported. If we want that. But it's fine for now--I just wanted to make sure to point out the pain points.