Hi Ludo, On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 22:00:04 +0100 Ludovic Courtès wrote: > I don’t think #:allow-collisions?, #:locales? and #:relative-symlinks? > are needed, so I’d recommend removing them. Removing allow-collisions. Otherwise the defaults are different. I'm pretty sure that we don't need locales for Linux kernel modules, for example :) That said, I can do it--but it would increase build dependencies. > > + (let* ((inputs '#$(manifest-inputs manifest)) > > + (module-directories #$(input-files (manifest-inputs manifest) "/lib/modules")) > > + (directory-entries > > + (lambda (directory-name) > > + (scandir directory-name (lambda (basename) > > + (not (string-prefix? "." basename)))))) > > also one-word identifiers are preferred for local > variables. I'd like to do that but it would lose information here. "modules" would be too vague. "directories" would be non-unique. (What "module-directories" means is "'/lib/modules'-directories", literally) "entries" would be too vague too. Entries of what? (Especially since that's a procedure). I'll make it say "directory" instead of "directory-name" there. Note: The "existing-files" procedure exists only in order to allow us to build Linux kernels without any modules (neither in linux-libre nor anywhere else) and have the profile hook succeed. Maybe it's written in an overly general way for that? What do you think? (It's actually kinda bad that I ignore kernel-loadable-modules which have no "/lib/modules" in it (better would be an error)--but I wasn't sure whether manifest-inputs is guaranteed to keep the original order of the entries--which would be: linux-libre first)