On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 08:21:08PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote: > Efraim Flashner writes: > > > I've tested this on aarch64 and there were no problems. It also > > provides a nice framework for other architectures as they become > > supported. > > What is the benefit of this patch? I'd prefer to keep libstdc++-boot0 > identical across architectures for simplicity, unless there is a good > reason to do otherwise (say, porting to a new architecture). > > Now we could end up in a situation where someone patches GCC5 on > 'master' and accidentally triggers a full rebuild on AArch64. Sound reasoning. And currently most of the porting work makes use of GCC7 and not GCC5. I'm closing this bug. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted