On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 08:21:52AM -0600, LaFreniere, Joseph wrote: > Thank you for the fast feedback! > > Nicolas Goaziou writes: > > Nitpick: I think the trend is to align `base32' with the string. > > > You may want to lint your package. In particular, the synopsis should be > > akin to "Search tool based ..." > > > The description must start with a full sentence, e.g., "rg.el" is an > > Emacs search package... > > > Texinfo requires two spaces after the full stop. > > > Ditto. Besides, the quote after "users" looks suspicious. You should use > > a regular quote. > > A patch file is attached that addresses all of the above feedback. The > output of `guix lint emacs-rg` is now clean on my system; thank you for > making me aware of that utility. > > The only part of the package I'm uncertain about is declaring ripgrep as a > propagated dependency. ripgrep is not needed for this Emacs package to be > able to byte-compile successfully, but `rg` does not need to be on PATH for > the package to be useful at all. So while I imagine the majority of the > uses-cases would want to have ripgrep installed locally, it's definitely > plausible that one could only ever want to use emacs-rg via TRAMP in which > case pulling in ripgrep would be completely unnecessary. > > Please let me know what you think. Is it possible to patch the invocations of `rg` to refer to ripgrep directly? -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted