all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <pelzflorian@pelzflorian.de>
To: Danny Milosavljevic <dannym@scratchpost.org>
Cc: 38161@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#38161: Guix guided installer should set up printers and scanners
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 15:35:56 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 02:49:44PM +0100, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Long term, people will not print things anymore but will scan things

This does not match my experience.  Printing things at university for
free (up to a quota) is very popular with students.  Many prefer
reading on paper or making notes.  Paper is like a cheap extra screen.

Nonetheless, instead of making hplip a default, I would prefer having
a video on how to install and configure printing services among top
Web search results.  This sounds like much work, but I’m not sure how
much work it really is.  Installing services is really easy on Guix.

Regards,
Florian