On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 11:57:22AM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote: > Hello, > > On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 07:49:56AM +0100, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote: > > Shall I rename python-zope-* to python-zope.*? > > the package naming guidelines say "replace underscores by hyphens". > I would extend this to say "replace punctuation marks by (one) hyphen". > Probably when we wrote the paragraph, the case had not presented > itself yet. Similar things are done at least in perl, where the "::" > of the module hierarchy is replaced by "-". Is this case analogous to > python? > Not entirely, my understanding of Perl is that the double colon is part of the namespacing of the language. In python the '.' is part of the package name. I would also point out that for Go the '.' is effectively part of the package name and we change them all to hyphens. I think hyphens is the way to go here. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted