all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ripit/perl: use perl_cddb_get package?
@ 2019-11-09  1:31 Sam
From: Sam @ 2019-11-09  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hey,
so I wanted to use ripit to make backups of my audio cds, but when
trying to use it at first, it said:

Perl module CDDB_get not found. Needed for
checking the CD-ID and retrieving the CDDB
entry from freeDB.org!
Please install CDDB_get from your closest
CPAN mirror before trying again.
Install by hand or e.g. type as root:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install CDDB_get'

So I obviously installed perl-cddb-get with guix, but the error message
persisted, and I think installing it the way ripit asks is not the
"guix-way".
As I never hacked with perl and am pretty new to guix, I am unsure if I
did something wrong.

Is there anyone who got ripit to work or has pointers?

Thanks
Sam