On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 07:49:56AM +0100, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote: > Shall I rename python-zope-* to python-zope.*? > For new packages I would use whatever upstream uses in regard to '-' vs '.'. For existing ones, how many are there? It might be best to just leave them as-is rather than go through the dance of deprecating the old packages. > I am in the process of packaging mailman 3 which according to the pypi > importer needs packages like > > python-flufl.bounce > python-flufl.i18n > python-flufl.lock > python-lazr.config > python-lazr.delegates > python-zope.component > python-zope.configuration > python-zope.configuration > python-zope.event > python-zope.interface > I've actually last week started working on that. I've only done the python part, haven't searched for any javascript or font-awesome which I'm pretty sure I saw. I've also started working on a service for it which I haven't committed yet, but it looks like it's going to be complex. https://gitlab.com/genenetwork/guix-bioinformatics/blob/master/gn/packages/mailman.scm > > However the zope ones have already been added since 2fc5f186801, but > with a hyphen instead of a dot. Which one is correct? Shall I rename > python-zope-* to python-zope.*? Or shall I correct the pypi importer? > Ignore it? > 'guix package -A python-zope' lists them all as having a dash, I'd just go ahead and make them all dashes. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted