Hi Gábor, > This looks like a jar timestamps issue. Adding a phase similar to > strip-jar-timestamps in ant-build-system should work. > It extracts the jar to a temporary directory, resets file timestamps, and > then repacks it, and resets the timestamp on the archive. > Could you check if that works for you? Yes, the following works and makes it reproducible: (arguments `(#:imported-modules ((guix build utils) (guix build ant-build-system) (guix build gremlin) (guix build syscalls) (guix elf) (guix build gnu-build-system)) #:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases (add-after 'install 'strip-jar-timestamps (assoc-ref (@ (guix build ant-build-system) %standard-phases) 'strip-jar-timestamps))))) But I'd prefer if our "jar" tool did that on its own if SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH is set--I don't think the code above is maintainable. The following code does not work (doesn't find ant-build-system): (arguments `(#:modules ((guix build gnu-build-system) ((guix build ant-build-system) #:prefix ant:) (guix build utils)) #:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases (add-after 'install 'strip-jar-timestamps (assoc-ref ant:%standard-phases 'strip-jar-timestamps)))))