On Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 06:42:40AM +0000, znavko@disroot.org wrote: > Hello! Sometimes I need my laptop Lenovo G50-30 is silent, need to switch off CPU fan. > Basically this laptop had no cpu fan but only passive cooling system. I had inserted cpu fan by my hands and there were fan power joint on the motherboard. This is nice. I hope Guix Linux-Libre has necessary fan control driver for my laptop. > > There is package 'thinkfan' in Guix repository. Would you advice me how to config it and is it possible to switch off fan? > > # thinkfan > > ERROR: /etc/thinkfan.conf: No such file or directory efraim@macbook41 ~/workspace/guix$ /./gnu/store/c8pmmbpx3q881baivkrcmi01lrj4si4j-thinkfan-1.0.2/sbin/thinkfan --help ERROR: Invalid command line: Unknown option: -- Usage: thinkfan [-hnqzD [-b BIAS] [-c CONFIG] [-s SECONDS] [-p [SECONDS]]] -h This help message -s Maximum cycle time in seconds (Integer. Default: 5) -b Floating point number (-10 to 30) to control rising temperature exaggeration (see README). Default: 5.0 -c Load different configuration file (default: /etc/thinkfan.conf) -q Be more quiet. Can be specified up to three times so that only errors are logged. -v Enable verbose logging (e.g. log temperatures continuously). -p Use the pulsing-fan workaround (for worn out fans). Takes an optional floating-point argument (0 ~ 10s) as depulsing duration. Default 0.5s. -d Don't read S.M.A.R.T. temperature from sleeping disks -D DANGEROUS mode: Disable all sanity checks. May result in undefined behaviour! Unless you want to write a system service for it, I'd figure out where there's a thinkfan.conf file (we don't seem to have it installed with the package) and run 'sudo -E thinkfan -c /path/to/thinkfan.conf' -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted