Thank you Marius for your answer, and for welcoming me into Guix! Le Wed, 12 Jun 2019 12:18:42 +0200, Hartmut Goebel a écrit : > I'm more than happy if someone picks up this work, as I'm lacking time > to complete. > > I just added a *lot* of information to this repo, esp. the state of > packaging, etc. > > * 10-TODO-….txt contain the status of my efforts (which might be > outdated) and >   a lot of snippets useful for building packages and making tests pass. > >   Please at least skim through these files as they contain lots hof > hints and >   some gems :-) > >   The most central of this is the "Status Unit-tests" in >   10-TODO-plasma.txt. This documents the status of building the packages >   required for plasma. I'm encouraging you to use this list to avoid getting >   lost :-) Thank you, I am currently cloning your git repo and reading your TODOs, it's a big work you've already done, thank you! I may ask you for some details when I finish looking through all your documentation. Remember that I'm a beginner on Guix, and haven't much free time to devote myself to it, so it's possible the operation may take some time. > * Proposed approach > >   1. Make the packages listed in "Status Unit-tests" in >      10-TODO-plasma.txt. build and (most) tests pass. This list hopefully >      contains all package required for a minimal Plasma desktop service. > >      I suggest using the plasma versions currently package on this branch to >      avoid introducing more issues. > >   2. Build a system (see gnu/system/examples/plasma.tmpl and >      gnu/services/desktop.scm) which starts runs a small (or even minimal) >      Plasma desktop. > >   3. Define two (maybe more) desktop-services: >      - plasma-minimal >      - plasma >      (- plasma-all-bells-and-wistels) I'll let you know when it's done, hopefully in a little while! Happy hacking, -- Félicien Pillot 2C7C ACC0 FBDB ADBA E7BC 50D9 043C D143 6C87 9372 felicien@gnu.org - felicien.pillot@riseup.net