Hi, no, I use mdadm. Can GRUB see/use/boot this? Maybe this is way easier than I thought. Could you share how you configure this on your end? On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 17:52:09 +0200 Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > Tonton, > > Tonton wrote: > > This is mostly a shot in the dark, but is it feasible to have a > > /boot > > partition with a initramfs on a partition of it's own and then > > all the rest > > of / on a raid partition? > > Sure. I do this on my home server, so I never have to worry about > rebooting headlessly after swapping a RAID drive (or have to > install GRUB on every single one). > > > To make it work kernel, initramfs, mdadm, GRUB and some other > > tools would > > need to be copied to the /boot partition from store, but this is > > potentially > > worthwhile? > > You've lost me here, though. Why is this needed? What needs to > work? > > Oh… are you using some hardware RAID that GRUB can't see? > > Does it provide advantages that mdraid wouldn't? > > Kind regards, > > T G-R -- :)