Hi Chris, thanks for sharing this information with us. On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 23:30:52 -0700 Chris Marusich wrote: > I also noticed that for each printer with a scanner, sane-find-scanner > was able to find the scanner, but simple-scan and scanimage said they > couldn't find the scanner, even when I ran them as root. Maybe I > configured it incorrectly? I wasn't able to scan at all. I'm on Ubuntu+Guix, using simple-scan from the Guix package. When I run it from within i3, I see only one scanner I once used at a friend, I don't see my home-scanner. Only when I use XFCE, I see my scanner. Haven't figured out who's fault it is. sane-find-scanners doesn't find the scanner, but when I read the man page of it, no wonders: The scanner is network-connected and the manual says it will scan for USB and SCSI scanners. > Anyway, my quest for a printer continues. I'll let you know if and > when I find "The One"! As always, if anyone has more info to share, > please do. I'm excited to read the follow-ups :-) Björn