Hi, > What do people think about automating package linting? This would be to > make sure a package is linted before it is committed to the Guix > repository master branch? A linter by its nature will in some cases flag things which are not wrong, otherwise one could just check the stuff while compiling in the first place. > I am not familiar with what Guix uses for continuous integration / > deployment. We can manually make cuirass and/or Hydra evaluate custom branches--but it's not automated. Christopher Baines is working on making patch review better--see thread "Patchwork + automated checking and testing of patches". > Estimated number of packages with autogenerated tarball: > > 389 Yeah, those should be updated. With that many packages, writing a script to do it would be less annoying.