Hi Rene, On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 15:13:13 -0600 Rene wrote: > Danny Milosavljevic writes: > > > > > What is supposed to load the "/hurd" that would be created ? > > > > After starting GNU Mach microkernel, the hurd translators are required to start > the operating system. > > At the moment all components like gnumach, hurd servers point to /hurd. > > Maybe there is a way to avoid links? I see. I ask because usually the part that loads that can be adapted and is also a better place to do the adaption in the first place--instead of hard-coding "/hurd". After all, we want eventually to have the ability to roll back the system by selecting a previous generation in the bootloader menu again. That doesn't work all that well with the "/hurd" link. But as far as I understand, you boot Debian/Hurd or something and then it loads Guix, right? In that case, we can understand the GNU Mach microkernel as a bootloader (from our vantage point) and thus emit the /hurd link in the "bootloader" configuration. It's not that clean, but it works (sans rollback, though). Cleaner would be to also boot Guix's gnumach microkernel. It seems that https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/grub.html documents how to get grub to boot mach and then hurd--and it seems that there, the paths are specified. It should be easy to adapt gnu/bootloader/grub.scm's grub-configuration-file to emit those and then reconfigure. (Later, we could add "multiboot" and "modules" to in gnu/bootloader.scm) However, it's a dangerous part to modify since this part cannot be rolled back easily. So don't make a typo ;)