On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 04:28:35PM +1100, Carlo Zancanaro wrote: > None of the programs in the Guix store (ie. /gnu/store) will have setuid or > setgid set. On a Guix system you can install a slock screen-locker-service, > which will provide a setuid binary for slock (via the > setuid-program-service). This is done automatically as part of the default > %desktop-services. I don't know of a way to do this on a foreign > distribution. On a foreign distro I recommend using the host distro's package manager for things like this. Guix doesn't support setuid programs on other distros. Please see the manual section Setuid Programs for more info: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Setuid-Programs.html