Hi Ricardo, On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 12:45:34 +0100 Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Danny Milosavljevic writes: > > > Final version attached. Works fine now. > > The loop looks a bit more complicated than it needs to be, I think. Did > my version not work for you? It did, but I wanted to make sure the port did exactly the same as the original generate.py--maybe I overdid it, but I didn't want to break it by porting it. What skip_comments in the original does is strip comments, but not strip "comment-like things" that are in string literals ("/*blah*/"). (as far as I can tell, at least) I agree your version is easier but does it do the same thing? Attached a v2 where I fixed a bug in literal handling related to that (oops). WDYT?