On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:30:39 +0100 Danny Milosavljevic wrote: > Hi Björn, > > On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 22:00:06 +0100 > Björn Höfling wrote: > > > I'm not sure if anybody else responded to you, but I have a database > > around. I got it last year from Clement Lassieur. It is 1.6 GB in > > size, I made a tar.xz an that is only 86 MB! I wonder if there is > > anything wrong or it is just thaaat compressible! > > I think we didn't set up the infrastructure to VACUUM the database. > > The default in sqlite is not to VACUUM ever, so we probably should > either stop the entire thing and vacuum it once a week or we could > set up autovacuum to incremental or full (the latter would vacuum > at each commit) if we ever ran out of space. That would at least tell why it is so good compressable. Björn