On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 09:44:27AM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Leo Famulari writes: > > + (arguments > > + ;; Tests seem to be Python 2 only... > > + ;; "TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'" > > + '(#:tests? #f)) > > This seems to be a problem with Python 3.7. Scons suffers from the same > problem. > > Could it be that the tests use the “imp” module? If so they might be > fixed by using importlib instead. Thanks for this tip. I dug in and couldn't find such an import, but I realized that the test failure was caused by missing network access. The "bytes-like object" message must come from some error handler. I worked around it by skipping the test in question. > > + (synopsis "Magic-Wormhole central server") > > Maybe “Magic-Wormhole central mailbox server”? Good idea, thanks!