On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 09:25:55AM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Leo Famulari writes: > > * gnu/packages/python-crypto.scm (python-txtorcon): New variable. > […] > > + (arguments > > + `(#:tests? #f)) ; fail silently > > Could you please elaborate on this? Do all tests fail? Would it make > sense to disable the broken tests? Are test failures known to upstream? Basically, the first test that runs looks for a file 'release-announce-test' in the root of the tarball. This file does not exist in the PyPi or GitHub releases (they are identical). I checked several releases going back to December 2015, and none of them contain this file, so I'm not sure what's going on. Reported upstream at . I'll add a comment explaining this. Also, while skimming some other tests I began to suspect they require internet access, although I'm not sure.