On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 04:09:17PM +0000, Roy Lemmon wrote: > I am then following the binary installation instructions. As root I then > try to test by running > > guix package -i hello > > However rather than install the small hello package, guix is installing a > large number of dependencies such as gcc etc. It is taking a long time. IS > this normal ? It sounds like binary substitutes have not been authorized yet, so Guix is building everything from source. https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Substitutes.html > I am also having trouble setting up the environment for running guix as > non-root user. What kind of trouble are you having? PS — If you have access to IRC Freenode, find us in #guix for lower-latency troubleshooting.