On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:38:21 -0300 Laura Lazzati wrote: > Hi Guix again! > > Another topic is about showing how to package. > > Gábor suggested maybe using my experience about creating a new R > package. > > My idea is to show how to look for a package that is not packaged, > package it and the workflow for testing it with git am and send it to > the patches list. WDTY? Aggreed on R: There is the importer to show, and R-packages are usually easy to go. We have the rough idea of steps to take in the manual. Point people to the right chapter here. Then it would involve the whole things: * git clone ... * go into guix directory * Enter the environment: guix environment guix --> Explain what happens here and what's so cool about it. * ./bootstrap * ./configure --localstatedir=/var * make * Then the import begins: * ./pre-inst-env guix import ... * [hack file, using emacs, maybe ./pre-inst guix edit new-package] * ./pre-iinst-env guix build new-package * Check: ./pre-inst-env guix lint new-package * Finally: Commit, take care of the correct commit messsages * git format-patch and maybe git send-email This is a lot for even a simple R package but I don't see how/where we could leave out steps without confusing people. Björn