On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 23:17:21 +0100 Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Hi Laura, > > > My next video will be about daily using of Guix. > > Neat! +1 > > I was thinking of daily use of guix package, mentioning profile, > > generations (both the concepts and commands to deal with them) > > Sounds good. “--install”, “--roll-back”, and maybe even “--manifest” > for stateless installations would be good topics to cover. Is "--manifest" really "daily use" for a Guix newbie? I would disagree and first stick to the "--install" --"remove "--rollback" "--list-generations" mode. > > > but > > also about guix pull and guix gc. > > The videos should be about 3 min length (+/-) 1. > > Do you think that they should be included in the same video or split > > them in two? > > I think “guix pull” deserves its own video, because it can be combined > with channels. I would mention the simplest version of "guix pull", i.e. the way it is set up by default with the "default" channel. I think it is a really important tool, compared to "apt-get update" on Debian. We can then put the more complicated parts like channels into another video, but I think that a simple "guix pull" MUST be in here. > Same with “guix gc”, because it has a bunch of features other than > garbage collection. I have no strong opinion here. Björn