all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Policy to remove obsolete packages
@ 2019-02-04 11:16 Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2019-02-04 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

on Guix-Days we had no more time in the QA track to talk about obsolete
packages.

In the FOSDEM-talk by Frederic Crozat (SuSE) about Distributions, he
mentioned their approach which I find good to adapt:

If a package is broken for more than 6 months, we should just remove it
from Guix. Prior to removing, we should announce on the dev mailing
list, maybe someone will care about it then. If there is no response
within 2 weeks, we really remove it.

What do you think?

Björn