On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 07:06:35PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote: > On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 12:16:12PM +0100, Björn Höfling wrote: > > If a package is broken for more than 6 months, we should just remove it > > from Guix. Prior to removing, we should announce on the dev mailing > > list, maybe someone will care about it then. If there is no response > > within 2 weeks, we really remove it. > > We were both in the talk and had the same reaction, so indeed I agree. I agree with this as well. It might be tricky to know when a package has failed to build for 6 months. Do we keep build farm evaluations for that long? Can we automate failure notifications after a certain date? But, it's not so important whether or not it has been exactly 6 months. At a certain point we know it's been too long and that the package is not useful anymore.