all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Matthew Brooks <matthewfbrooks@mailbox.org>
To: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: mariadb build fails "Failing test(s): main.mysqldump"
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 21:12:07 -0600	[thread overview]

Well, apparently I spoke too soon last time. It turns out that the "building mariadb" that went by successfully in the log the other day must not have been from actually building the program itself, as none of the things that depend on mariadb actually got installed, and even after a fresh pull earlier today many builds are still failing at mariadb on my laptop.

I did pull guix today, and I'm running version:
6df4d8338d2bf94ab729e3b12e42ace0a06687ae

The failure log appears substantially the same as the first one, failing in many spots on main.mysqldump (and not failing any other tests), with a few differences in process id values and with slightly fewer tests this time, but I'll attach this most recent log for completeness.

Sorry for my premature declaration that everything was working yesterday, and for thus having to post another email to redact it.

This time I even plugged in my 1TB USB HDD and mounted it in /tmp, and put an 8GB swap file on it and made sure to swapon the swap file, just to make absolutely certain it wasn't a space issue. The build still failed, sadly.

As before, any advice on either fixing the mariadb build, or somehow avoiding pulling it in for stuff like sdl2 and ffmpeg, is greatly appreciated.

Anyway, have a nice day everyone, and thanks for your time.
Matthew Brooks