Hi Ludo, first of all, thanks for fixing. On Tue, 08 Jan 2019 18:39:52 +0100 Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hello, > > Björn Höfling skribis: > > > Usually the git-download method should fall back to SWH, but due to > > the 404-error it throughs an exception and never gets to the > > fallback. > > > > I opened a bug for this: > > > > https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33911 > > This is now fixed so I guess we can close this bug too. Sort of. I tried it out: When we have a source-substitute on our server, everything is fine. But I tried it with network connection shut down (don't know where we do not have substitutes and was too lazy to configure firewall): Then it tries git, fails. It then tries our substitute server and fails. But that failure is again a stacktrace, and it doesn't try the SWH fallback. So, maybe it works if the substitute server returns "I don't have something", but I don't know how to try that out (Ok, I could add a new package). But when it has a network error, it doesn't get back to the last fallback. What do you think? Björn