I haven't investigated this bug any more, although another bug was filed on the subject at , with some more info. I built a package of Blender 2.80 beta, and the patch is attached. The program runs and looks okay, but I didn't actually try to do any work with it yet, and the package may or may not need some tweaking. Help wanted :) To quote the Blender project's statement about 2.80 beta [0], "Blender 2.80 is under development. We do not recommend using Beta versions in production, there are still many bugs and data loss is not likely but still possible. Always backup your files." [0] https://www.blender.org/2-8/#try-it-yourself