On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 09:17:23AM +0100, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote: > > I’m in favour of moving them elsewhere, such as %desktop-services. > > yes please: sound related services are not-so-base, we do not need them > on installation/web/mail/DNS et. al servers (and containers) and it does > not makes much sense to remove them an all that class of > hosts/containers > > it makes sense - semantically speaking - to move sound to > %desktop-services since we only need sound on desktops I would prefer if sound services were removed from the installation system rather than from the %base-services. I am using systems based on %base-services for music playback and other audio work. They are not desktop systems — there is no graphical interface to these machines.