On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 10:37:57PM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > This concerns ‘guix system reconfigure’, which does indeed *effect* the > configuration file and can never *affect* it. > > I think the patch should be reverted. Oh, you're right — I didn't read the text closely so I missed the context. And of course, nothing affects the configuration except for people. Reverted with commit e51c91aba62f3da3b51e5da3cc774a652e721855 This sense of 'effect' is relatively rare, so I'm not surprised we made this mistake :) I'd bet that most people who learned English as their first language do not know it.