On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 09:10:30 +0100 Clément Lassieur wrote: > Hi Björn, > > Björn Höfling writes: > > > We are directly relying on the rowid here, there is no explicit > > id-column. > > > > This could lead to unpredicted results and reorderings (6th Quirk in > > document): > > > > https://www.sqlite.org/rowidtable.html > > > > We should add a column: > > > > id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT > > > > Problem is that this concept of AUTOINCREMENT does only work for > > Primary Keys in Sqlite. So we need to degrade "derivation" to a > > secondary key, i.e. make it non-null and unique: > > > > derivation TEXT NOT NULL UNIQUE, > > > > Is there anything speaking against that? > > We only use that rowid to display a number at the left of every > 'build' row. I think it would make more sense to use the derivation > name where we currently use the rowid. It would also be more > understandable for the users. > > We don't even need rowid for sorting because we can sort with the > timestamps. > > The only issue is that we get further from hydra, but we are already > pretty far away anyway. I'm undecided about this, I don't understand enough of it yet. In some sense I would prefer a numeric id to refer to. On the other hand the derivation is the actual key, and if that is generated a second time, the build is the same and will not be executed again. Björn