Hi Björn, On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 09:44:14 +0200 Björn Höfling wrote: > I haven't looked into the package definitions, just: > > There is already a file avr.scm. Is there any reason you are not adding > to this file? Newer arduino versions support other platforms, not just avr. They are an IDE and development environment, with only the "arduinocore-" packages differing. So in light of this I wouldn't put it into "avr.scm". The newer arduino versions require batik, so packages for batik have to be finished first. That requires xalan, so that has to be finished first. And that requires java-cup which cannot be bootstrapped without binaries. So a newer arduino version is going to take a while. > If you stick with the arduino.scm, you should add it to gnu/local.mk. Thanks!