On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 04:58:52PM +0000, znavko wrote: > Here are presented only xfce-desktop-service, gnome-desktop-service, mate-desktop-service, but no lxde. These services, which provide desktop using XFCE, GNOME, and MATE, are defined in the file 'gnu/services/desktop.scm': https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/services/desktop.scm Currently, we don't have a desktop service for LXDE. Maybe a service is not required? It's possible to use i3 without a desktop service. One just adds 'i3-wm' to the 'packages' field of their config.scm and it will be available at the login screen. > ;; This is where we specify system-wide packages. > (packages (cons* nss-certs ;for HTTPS access > gvfs ;for user mounts > gedit > icecat > %base-packages)) You could try adding lxde to that list... > > ;; Add GNOME and/or Xfce---we can choose at the log-in > ;; screen with F1. Use the "desktop" services, which > ;; include the X11 log-in service, networking with > ;; NetworkManager, and more. > (services (cons* (xfce-desktop-service) > %desktop-services)) ... and, unless you want to use XFCE, change that to (services %desktop-services)