On Sun, Sep 02, 2018 at 01:33:40AM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote: > Ricardo Wurmus writes: > > 1 There is still some data transmitted when starting the browser for the > > first time. It seems related to the "domain_reliability" component. > > 3 Opening settings transmits a bunch of data, the next version will > > include the 'disable-translation-lang-fetch' patch from Inox. > > Guix _is_ committed to the GNU FSDG, right? That's my assumption (I know you didn't ask me directly). > Do you agree that #1 and #3 look like spyware? If so, wouldn't that > make them blockers? Maybe they are spyware, maybe they are not. I think there are legitimate reasons for a program to be "chatty". It depends on the user's expectations, what data is sent, and who it is sent to. We should keep looking into issues #1 and #3. Also, I think the Chromium package is being held to a very high standard compared to other packages, which is good, since web browsers are so important now.