I would look at the nss-certs package and make a package definition using nss-certs as a template or even inheriting from it. I have now had a quick look at nss-certs and it is too complex for me to change without sitting down with it for a while. So I think I would then go on to use the simple build system or what it is called. Because what you need is basically copy a file to somewhere your browsers can see it? To learn those paths I'd still look at nss-certs. I see (let ((certsdir (string-append %output "/etc/ssl/certs/")) in there. That's probably your path. To use this definition with guix: put it in for example /home/username/guix-modules/certs.scm and then add this directory to your $GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH. I do the following in my .profile export GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH="$HOME/guix-modules:$GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH" I'm traveling and so might not respond quickly. HTH Tonton