On Thu, 10 May 2018 17:58:43 +0200 Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Eric Bavier writes: > > > It's worse than that. See e.g. > > https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=151973450514279&w=2 > > > > Many other packages use it because the issue was only brought to light > > more recently. > > I see. Thank you for the reference. > > > You don't need to use a git hash at all. If the release is tagged, you > > can use that in the git-reference commit. E.g. a recent package I > > made, "ghostwriter", does this. > > OK. I used `git-reference'. One difficulty I encountered is the working > directory when using `git-reference' is non-trivial. I though it would > put me in the cloned repository, but instead, it left me in an empty > directory, which is neither the source directory nor the output > directory. Maybe it should be documented in the manual. Maybe, yeah. The builders get dropped into the temporary build directory to start. > > Also, note that I couldn't use (which "sh") or (which "xdg-open"), since > both returned #f. Probably a PATH problem, so I sticked to my previous > way of finding bash and xdg-open. Indeed, "which" looks in PATH, so what you've done is fine. > > Here is the updated patch. Let me know what you think. > LGTM! Thanks, `~Eric