On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 02:58:17PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis: > > > Leo Famulari skribis: > > > >> Is anyone using one of the dependent packages interested in looking more > >> closely at this? > > > > I’m not using it, but at first sight the patch LGTM. > > Ping! :-) My understanding is this update will break btar and rdiff-backup. I suspect this will annoy some Guix users. Plus, I don't know if these projects make an effort to detect MD4 collisions or not; perhaps they are safe to use despite the broken librsync dependency. We could add an old librsync package variant for those packages, but we should add a note about the reliance on MD4. I'll wait a few days for more feedback. PS — this issue highlighted for me that the duplicity backup program also depends on librsync with MD4. For recent versions of librsync, duplicity forces librsync to fallback to MD4...