Hi Chris, On Mon, 02 Apr 2018 00:12:42 +0200 Chris Marusich wrote: > Is that the only reason? My understanding is that we want to generate > the JAR indices not only (1) to ensure that grafting will work properly, > but also (2) to ensure that the reference scanner will find all the > store paths produced in the output JAR. Indeed. I'll update the comment. > > + (define (generate-index jar) > > + (invoke "jar" "-i" jar)) > > + (every (match-lambda > > + ((output . directory) > > + (every generate-index (find-files directory "\\.jar$")))) > > + outputs)) > > Does the jar program find the classes here via the CLASSPATH environment > variable, which was set earlier during the configure phase by the > generate-classpath procedure? I don't know. I assumed that it would unpack the jar file again and fiddle with it in a mostly self-contained way as far as environment variables go. I'm trying to (setenv "CLASSPATH" #f) and am rebuilding the java packages now... let's see...