On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 08:49:28PM +0300, Nadezhda Voronova wrote: > I'm trying to add one simple package. > I've already know that it installes by "guix package -f" so it seems like > my package definition is ok. Or not? (definition for "guix package -f" > https://paste.debian.net/1016791/ , definition https://paste.debian.net/ > 1016770/) Overall it looks like it should work. I've attached your package from paste.debian.org for anyone else reading along. > I've got guix source code from repository, added my definition in > "gnu/package" and run "guix environment guix", "./bootstrap", "./configure > --localstatedir=/var" and "make" and then tried "./pre-inst-env guix build > my-package". And it doesn't see my package. Also when i looked into > Makefile i've seen a bunch of "gnu/packages/---.scm" and there was not > "gnu/packages/my-package.scm" and it doesn't look right. It sounds like you hadn't yet registered your package module in 'gnu/local.mk'. If you want to add a new source file to Guix, you need to register it there so that Make knows to build it. For example: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=6cf2ac3cd6a42ded34814ac9120c7637cf3f8c7f > Anyway, after that > i tried to add my definition to some random existing definition with right > dependencies (this idea sounds terribly wrong but i wanted to give it a > shot) and repeated all starting from "./bootstrap" again. And it did not > work. > Also i tried "./pre-inst-env guix build my-package --keep-failed". Still no > effects, unknown package. It's hard to know exactly what went wrong here; we'd need a patch of your changes and the Git commit you are working from in order to reproduce the issue. But, I think you should try again adding a new module and registering it in 'gnu/local.mk'. > Also i have this thing appear almost every time i use guix: > guile: warning: failed to install locale > warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument > Don't think that's relevant but it's a little bit annoying. Yes, this shouldn't have any effect on your issue. It's warning you about an incomplete locales setup. Instructions on finishing the setup are here: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Application-Setup.html#Locales-1 Basically, you'll need to export GUIX_LOCPATH in the environment where you use Guix, and where the guix-daemon runs (that's why you see the warning twice).