On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:45:58AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Carlo Zancanaro skribis: > > > I use Shepherd to manage my user session, and if I log out then > > Shepherd leaves all my services running. This patch handles SIGTERM > > and SIGHUP to prevent that. > > Good catch! "This update broke my workflow" Joking aside, I think this change is correct, but it would be great to be able to have long-running unprivileged processes, as on systemd. There, the administrator can use `loginctl enable-linger $USER`. We'd want to do it in the system configuration. From loginctl(1): ------ Enable/disable user lingering for one or more users. If enabled for a specific user, a user manager is spawned for the user at boot and kept around after logouts. This allows users who are not logged in to run long-running services. Takes one or more user names or numeric UIDs as argument. If no argument is specified, enables/disables lingering for the user of the session of the caller. ------