Ludovic Courtès transcribed 0.8K bytes: > Hello, > > Mark H Weaver skribis: > > > To make this easier, I think the right approach is to include many > > modules like these to our installation image initrd, and then to > > automatically detect which modules are needed for booting. A future > > easy installer could automatically add those modules to the OS config, > > but in the meantime we could simply print a message recommending that > > the user should add the needed modules to their initrd config. > > FWIW I have code that I was planning to polish and submit (hopefully > next week) that determines modules needed for a particular device by > walking /sys. In addition, I thought we could make the initrd module > list a first class field of ‘operating-system’. With these two pieces, > ‘guix system’ should be able to warn when a module is missing. > > Ludo’. I'm willing to test those, it's probably less time consuming than figuring out the corretc modules the Hetzner CLoud instance needs. -- ng0 :: https://n0.is | https://crash.cx A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588