I ended up using git log --grep=.... and have moved the packages. Using 'git blame' I found that a few copyright lines can be removed from games.scm now. If a person has only imported a module ((gnu packages base) for example), should I keep the copyright notice or lose it? On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:43:51 +0100 Andreas Enge wrote: > On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:57:06AM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > We need to move the copyright notices as well. For that I usually > > look at the git log for the packages that should be moved. Since > > we’re using predictable commit messages this can easily be grep’ed > > from the git log. > > This would require to also look at all the other packages in the > module, to decide whether the copyright notice should be moved or > copied. Maybe "git blame MODULE.scm" could also be helpful in that > respect: If used after the packages have been moved, it shows who has > contributed to the remaining packages. > > Andreas >