On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 11:09:19PM +0000, Pierre Langlois wrote: > Hi Guix! > > I realized today that a new version of crypto++ was out so I set out to > update it but Clementine failed to compile. There's a patch on master [0] > that fixes the issue so I was going to apply it when I realized the bit > of code in question downloads a binary blob to support Spotify. It > turns out there's a button in the preference menu that allows users to > download this proprietary blob, and crypto++ appears to be used to check > it. Thanks for pointing this out! I reindented the #:configure-flags and added some comments to the first patch, and pushed as af414f34fb6e3609e572880f3b0b3bbcb1b3bfc6 My understanding of the FSDG [0] makes me think that we'll need to go further and, in an origin snippet, remove the code performs the download of the non-free component. This would mean that `guix build --source clementine` would return something that follows the FSDG. CC-ing Ludo for clarification. [0] https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.en.html